Super Robot Wars/OGs/Personality Types
Each character has a Personality Type which affects when and how they gain Will during a battle.
|English||Japanese||Hit||Miss||Damaged||Evade||Shoot Down (M)||Shoot Down (S)||Enemy Shot Down||Ally Shot Down|
- Hit: the pilot deals at least 1 damage.
- Miss: the pilot's attack misses or deals no damage if it hits.
- Damaged: the pilot takes at least 1 damage.
- Evade: the pilot dodges an attack or takes no damage if it hits.
- Shoot Down (M): the pilot shoots down an enemy as the main unit of a Twin unit.
- Shoot Down (S): the pilot shoots down an enemy as the sub unit of a Twin unit.
- Enemy Shot Down: an enemy is shot down.
- Ally Shot Down: an ally is shot down.
OGs1 Personality Types
|Normal||Eita, Sean, Ling||Hans, Shine (GEIM System), A.I., General Soldiers|
|Strong||Elzam, Gilliam, Kai, Tetsuya||Galuin, Tempest, Tempest (GEIM System), Captains, Elite Soldiers, Controlled Soldiers|
|Super Strong||Bullet, Daitetsu, Kyosuke, Lune, Masaki, Rio, Ryusei, Sanger||Atad, Troyes, LB Soldiers|
|Cool||Ingram, Latune, Leona, Rai, Viletta||Julia|
|Cautious||Aya, Radha, Russel, Ryoto||Lily|
|Easygoing||Excellen, Garnet, Irm, Tasuku||—|
|Hard Worker||Kusuha, Lefina||—|
|Short Tempered||Giada, Katina||—|
|Superior+||—||Bian, Levi, Maier, Septuagint|
|Cunning||—||Adler, Siebel, Tenzan, Tenzan (GEIM System), Thomas|
OGs2 Personality Types
Note: pilots returning from OGs1 will have the same Personality Type in OGs2 unless they are bolded.
|Normal||Shine, Tsugumi||Aguilla, Cuervo|
|Strong||Kusuha, Lee, Mai, Rätsel, Sleigh||Archibald, Alchemie, Shadow Mirror Soldiers|
|Super Strong||Fiona, Ibis, Kai, Raul, Seolla||Aguija, Alchemie, Axel, Mekibos, Murata, Wodan, Bioroids, Einst, Einst Regisseur, Stern Neu Regisseur|
|Cool||Lamia, Yuuki||Echidna, Lemon, Ouka, Ouka (GEIM System), Mass-Production W-Series|
|Superior||—||Lorenzo, Vindel, Van, Wendolo|
OGs2.5 Personality Types
Note: pilots returning from OGs1 and OGs2 will have the same Personality Type in OGs2.5.
|Super Strong||Folka, Fernando, Kota||Kyle, Kyle (ODE), Seolla (ODE)|
|Cool||—||Lalia, Lamia (ODE), Latune (ODE)|
|Easygoing||—||Alion, Arado (ODE)|
- Characters have the same Personality Type whether they are a playable character or an enemy for one or more scenarios.
- Whenever an enemy is shot down, the pilot who shot them down receives the Will from Shoot Down(M or S) as well as Enemy Shot Down.
- If a unit takes no damage due to a Barrier, Afterimage, or the Jammer Mech Abilities nullifying the damage completely, the Evade modifier is used instead of the Damaged modifier to determine the amount of Will that is gained or lost.
- If the main unit of a Twin unit shoots down an enemy and the sub unit attacks the enemy with 0 HP afterwards, they will still receive the benefits of the Hit modifier.
- If both units of a Twin formation use an ALL attack, the Hit modifier is rounded down to the nearest whole number based on the average number of attacks made.
- The Will+ (Hit) Pilot Skill is applied before the Will is averaged.
- If a unit shoots down multiple enemies with one ALL attack, they only gain +1 Will for any kills after the first enemy.
- For example: two Super Strong pilots in a Twin unit both use ALL attacks against an enemy Twin unit. The main unit hits one and misses the other while the sub unit hits both and destroys both. The main unit gains +2 Will for hitting and -1 Will for missing, resulting in no change: (2 + (-1)) / 2 = 0.5 rounded down which is 0. The sub unit gains +2 Will for hitting both, resulting in +2 Will total: (2 + 2) / 2 = 2. Finally, the main gains +2 Will for both enemies being shot down while the sub gains +4 Will for shooting down the first enemy and +1 Will for shooting down the second enemy.
- If a pilot uses a MAPW attack, they will receive +1 Will for each unit that is shot down regardless of their Personality Type.
Other Will Modifiers
- -10 Will whenever a unit's EN and Ammo are replenished by a Resupply Module. The Resupply Spirit Command will not decrease Will.
- -5 Will whenever a unit boards a battleship (but will not go below 100).
- +5 Will at the start of each scenario for all pilots (Easy difficulty only).
- +x Will from various Pilot Skills.
- +/-x Will from various Spirit Commands.